My favorite things about this day:
- Never been packed so early for a trip before.
- Dorothy discovering my passport in our office about 15 minutes before we were about to leave.
- Tasty Bloody Mary and snack at the Shuttlesworth International airport in Birmingham with Anne, Judy, Carol and Bob.
- People watching in the Atlanta Airport gate for our flight to Paris. Mentally playing “guess the nationality” of those waiting to board.
- While we were in the Atlanta airport and after we received notification our flight to Paris would be delayed by about 40 minutes and knowing our connection to Nice was very tight, we were able to “protect” seats on a later flight to Nice.
- After ordering a Vodka on the rocks for D and me, the Delta flight attendant gave me the two fingers down signal with the stealth of a major league catcher signaling for the next pitch. I did not wave off the signal.
- There is Nothing favorite about trying to sleep on an airplane unless you are one of those First or Business class passengers in one of those cute little sleeping pod thingies.
- Annie and I competed for the “Most Forgetful” Award. She almost left her purse on the flight to Paris and I had to go back and retrieve my hat from the Nice flight.
- Westcott and Dirk meeting us at Hotel la Hameau and taking us to lunch – a short walk up the hill towards Saint-Paul-de-Vence
- The nap back at the hotel for our sore and tired bodies. Drooly kind of sleep for me.
- A cup of coffee at 5 pm to get the blood flowing again.
- Delivery of our mini’s Blue is my color.
- A “get acquainted” Rosè happy hour.
- Short trip up to Saint-Paul-de-Vence in our tour’s land yatch and a lovely dinner at Le Tilleul. There were red blankets draped over the backs of our chairs to help with the evening chill.
- We laughed about Dirk having “sympathy pregnancy symptoms” such as tiredness and bloating. Westcott told us there is a French word for it – I’ll get back to on what that word is. We laughed about Dorothy shouting “Eden” at my car’s voice GPS and we talked about whether Pop Gates will incorporate S-Town details into his Thanksgiving evening Von Donne story.
- Discovered Westcott totally understands (but does not speak) French and Judy does speak it. And of course Dirk gets by. They have the rest of us covered.
- Eva and T (Quattro Tango) arrive tomorrow.
The actually MiniCooper Tour doesn’t start until Thursday evening. I guess you could say we’re “pre-gaming”. This is going to be a really good trip.